Run query and see the DBMS_OUTPUT result
DBMS_OUTPUT is a message buffer package provided by Oracle database.
You can fetch messages saved in procedures, functions, triggers, etc. from DBMS_OUTPUT buffer.
This section explains how to run query and see the results in DBMS_OUTPUT.
- Connect to Oracle database.
- On the main menu bar, select Files>New>PL/SQL Editor. Or, simply click [PL/SQL Editor] on the New Toolbar.
- Enter procedure.
- Click [Run] or press F5.
- Check the query result on DBMS OUTPUT tab.
Toolbar of DBMS OUTPUT Tab
|Turn off DBMS OUTPUT||Disables DBMS OUTPUT.|
|Turn on DBMS OUTPUT||Enables DBMS OUTPUT.|
|Refresh DBMS OUTPUT Result||Refreshes the result.|
|Set Buffer Size||Set the size of DBMS OUTPUT buffer. Oracle databases support from 2KB to 1MB. The default is set to 10000KB.|
|Clear All||Clears off the output.|
|Save as File||Saves the result as set file type.|
- You can set refresh interval.
- If you check ‘Auto scroll to last line’, it will take you to the last line of the query run result.