This section explains how to set a new connection.
- Host: Input the server IP where Oracle database is installed.
- User: Enter a user ID that has access authority.
- Password: Enter password for the ID.
- Use Unicode: Check to view Korean, Japanese, and Chinese characters correctly.
- Save Pasword: Check to save password.
- Port: Enter a port number of the Oracle database. A default port number is '8629'.
- SID: Enter SID of the server to connecto to Oracle database. A default SID is 'Oracle'.
- Character Set: Select a character set for the client.
- Date Format: Select a date format.
- Color: You can select different colors for each session when connecting to multiple Oracle databases.
- Test Connection: Test the connection with the information you have entered.
- View Favorites Only: Display the access information of the connections that are added to the favorites.
- Show Password: Show the password for the users that are registered.
Types of Connection Error Messages
The following are important messages for Oracle database connection error.
|2002||DSN(Database Source Name) file was not found.|
|2048||Data source was not found.|
|2131||Generic I/O Error.|
|6006||Data dictionary needs ALTERDD process.|
|7200||Occurred while processing parameter '_EX_USE_SORT_AIO'|
|12003||Unable to open a session.|
|12079||The requested DB_NAME does not match with the server DB_NAME.|
|17001||Login failed: invalid user name or password.|
|90401||Connection refused by the server.|
|130105||Unable to start gateway process|
Tip : For more information, see Oracle RDBMS Error Reference Guide.